[opencms-dev] "Edit page" gives 404 - requested resource not available

Thu Feb 26 13:06:01 CET 2004

I just installed OpenCMS to try it.

Software versions on server:
- Red Hat Linux 9
- Apache Tomcat 4.1.30
- j2sdk1.4.1_02
- MySql 3.23
- OPENCMS 5.0.1

Client:
- IE 6.0

Installation went fine, and I can open in Explorer mode and browse around
in the VFS. I could create my own test project according to the manual,
with folder in /release/.

It's the page editing that gives problems:
Again according to the manual, I locked a file and tried to edit it. Then
I get the following Tomcat error:
=================================
HTTP Status 404 -
type Status report
message
description The requested resource () is not available.
Apache Tomcat/4.1.30

There's nothing in the logs.

As I'm pretty new to this, I could need som help in finding out what's
wrong.

Regards

Kim Oechsle