[opencms-dev] opencms5.3.3 and mod_proxy (WAS:opencms5.0.1 and tomcat5.0.19)

Guillermo Castro gcastro at javageekonline.com
Mon Mar 1 19:48:02 CET 2004

Well, I've decided that since I'm testing opencms, I would get the latest
version from cvs, compile it and install it on my server. Sure enough,
everything seems to be working out so far.

Now my problem is that I can't make it work with the example documentation
that explained how to integrate apache + tomcat + mod_proxy. It seems
there's no longer any option in the opencms.properties to determine the
root of the webapp, which I changed from opencms to ROOT.

Does anyone have any pointers on this? thanks.

Joachim Arrasz said:
> Hi,
>
>> Now, do you have an idea on when will opencms support tomcat 5? since
>> that's the latest release for tomcat, and since the solution seems
>> simple, I don't see why you can't upgrade opencms to xerces2.
>
> try the solution where the xerxersimpl.jar in /tomcat/endorsed/ will be
> replaced with xerxes1_4_.jar from Opencms.
> This worked not everytime but most of the times i think!
>
> I think in the next major release from Opencms this issue is resolved!
> This will be in 3.rd or 4.th quarter this year.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Joachim Arrasz
>
> Synyx oHG Karlsruhe, Germany

Guillermo Castro            Monterrey NL, Mexico
gcastro at javageekonline.com  http://www.javageek.org/