[opencms-dev] Link Property "target" No Effect

Rolf Becker becker at iwk.uka.de
Sat Mar 6 18:22:01 CET 2004

Hello,

some days ago I sent a question to the list but unfortunately nobody has
answered, yet.
I hope my problem is not too trivial to be answered.
It has to do with opening an URL in a new browser window by means of a
link.

The problem again:

I created a "link" in the "Explorer View" of the OpenCMS Workplace by
clicking the "new" button. The
link has the property "target" but this property does not seem to have any
influence. At least I
cannot make the link pop up in a new browser window by setting the
property:  target: _blank

If the link is situated within an ordinary html page the property "target"
will do its job. But am applicatioin needs a link which is an object on
its own, since it should appear as a navigation item.

I tried to find a solution in the list archive but the only hint I found
is that of Olli Aro, who made a guess why such a link probably could not
be controlled with property "target" (see
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q3/007097.html).

My questions:

1) Is Olli's guess correct? This would mean that property "target" might
have no effect.
2) If so, is there a workaround?

I am not a jsp programmer but coundn't a jsp-page be used instead of such
kind of "link" to pop-up a
new browser window with the desired URL?

Could you please give a hint how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much,

Rolf

--
Rolf Becker