[opencms-dev] authentication with OpenCMS under Apache on a virtual host

Werner Hennrich wehe at gmx.at
Sun Mar 7 16:07:01 CET 2004

Hello everyone!

I've I've successfully set up OpenCms unter Tomcat, both standalone and
under jBoss,
and mapped serveral projects to virtual hosts with Apache as described in
the HowTo
using mod_proxy - worx great so far.

My problem arises, when I configure one of those sites in apache
to be authenticated (with from either an IP range
or a password) -
---snip---
    <Location / >
        order deny,allow
        Satisfy Any
        deny from all
        allow from <host-ip>/<netmask>

        AuthType Basic
        AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/user/intrapasswd
        AuthGroupFile /etc/httpd/user/intragroup
        AuthName "blablabla"
        Require valid-user
    </Location>
---snip---
on both configurations (tomcat standalone and under jBoss I get the
following error:

---snip---
HTTP Status 503 - com.opencms.core.CmsException: 17 Service unavailable.
Detailed error: Cannot write output to HTTP response stream. root cause was
java.lang.IllegalStateException: getWriter() has already been called for
this response
----
type Status report

message com.opencms.core.CmsException: 17 Service unavailable. Detailed
error: Cannot write output to HTTP response stream. root cause was
java.lang.IllegalStateException: getWriter() has already been called for
this response

description The requested service (com.opencms.core.CmsException: 17 Service
unavailable. Detailed error: Cannot write output to HTTP response stream.
root cause was java.lang.IllegalStateException: getWriter() has already been
called for this response) is not currently available.
----
Apache Tomcat/4.1.29
---snip---

anyone knows whats going wrong here?