[opencms-dev] Via mod_proxy, losing edit privileges via content editor

Tim Paulus tpaulus at cinci.rr.com
Sun Mar 7 17:18:01 CET 2004

I have followed the new guidelines on how to deploy opencms with Apache
and Tomcat via mod_proxy, in order to remove the opencms/opencms/
prefixes.  In general, this has worked fine, but now I have a problem.
When I log in to the content manager screens, I have to do so twice:
once using the normal Opencms login screen, and then again using what
appears to be an IE HTTP authentication pop-up.  When I get the second
login screen, it is the kiss of death.  When this happens, I can still
get in and everything looks OK, but I can't lock or edit a file while in
offline mode.  The menu only has three items on it (as though I don't
have privileges to edit anything).  If I go back to my old solution,
minus mod_proxy (and including the /opencms prefixes), I don't get the
second login pop-up, and everything works as expected in the content
editor.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, and better yet, know how to deal
with it?

--Tim