[opencms-dev] Dependencies between files

Andrew Kerr akerr at fluid.com
Fri Mar 12 19:31:02 CET 2004

Hi there,

We have an "index" page on our site that dynamically builds an index of
all other pages in a certain subdirectory.  This page is a JSP, but we
statically export it when publishing for performance reasons.

This works well, but we've found that whenever a new page is added to
the subdirectory, we have no way for the index page to automatically
detect that it needs to be republished.  We have to manually touch the
index JSP everytime we change the files in the subdirectory.

Is there anything in OpenCMS that allows you to mark a file as being
dependent on changes in other files or directories so that we don't have
to perform this manual touch step?

Thanks,
Andrew Kerr