[opencms-dev] Publishing 8000 images at once

Andrew Kerr akerr at fluid.com
Wed Mar 17 22:24:01 CET 2004

Cory L Hubert wrote:

>         For the record.  There isn't any way around this besides
> making smaller zip files and uploading them in the VFS.   I had to
> break this up in to several zip files (ouch!).  The biggest zip i got
> away with was 28586k.   But there were some zip files that were 18000k
> and it didn't take until I broke it up into smaller zips.
>
>         Dunno why... can't really see the pattern here.  But it
> worked.  If anyone could draw some additional light on the situation
> it would be appreciated.

We ran into a similar problem with large files.  It was related to a
MySQL setting.  In the [mysqld] section of your my.cnf file, you need to
modify the following setting:

max_allowed_packet      = 16M

The default is 1M.

This may not be your specific problem, but this definitely helped us.

Cheers,
Andrew