[opencms-dev] Importing problem

Thomas M�rz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Thu Mar 25 00:46:01 CET 2004

David Currie <dcurrie at opensistemas.com> writes:

> I'm having an odd problem that maybe you can help me with.  I'm trying
> to import a few folders into a fresh OpenCMS 5.0.1 installation that
> have been exported from a 5.0.0 site.  The problem is that on
> importing the pages, all the characters with accents are being changed
> to '?'.  With the system configured as ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-15, all
> the accented characters in the body and properties are changed, while
> if the system is configured as UTF-8, only the characters in the body
> change.

Are these pages viewed by the _same_ browser on the same _computer_ on
the _same_ system with the _same_ encoding as before?
Can you send a diff of the pages of sites with the different OpenCms
installations?

> The exporting site is uses ISO-8859-1 with accents and doesn't give
> any problems.  The new site is being deployed on Tomcat 5 and uses
> J2SDK 1.4.2_04, and the old site uses Tomcat 4.1.24 and J2SDK
> 1.4.1_02.  Could these differences have anything to do with the
> problem?

Normally this shouldn't cause any problems.
Could you switch the encoding of the site in your browser and change the
character encodings until the site displays correctly?