[opencms-dev] Importing problem

David Currie dcurrie at opensistemas.com
Thu Mar 25 08:54:01 CET 2004

Thomas März wrote:

> <>Are these pages viewed by the _same_ browser on the same _computer_ on
> the _same_ system with the _same_ encoding as before?
> Can you send a diff of the pages of sites with the different OpenCms
> installations?

The machine used for viewing both sets of pages is the same.

The difference between the two sets of pages is simply that the body of
the page in /system/bodies/... has all the accented characters changed
to '?'.  In the generated .zip file, the characters are there, so I
don't think the exporting is the problem, it's an import problem.

> <>
>
>>The exporting site is uses ISO-8859-1 with accents and doesn't give
>>any problems.  The new site is being deployed on Tomcat 5 and uses
>>J2SDK 1.4.2_04, and the old site uses Tomcat 4.1.24 and J2SDK
>>1.4.1_02.  Could these differences have anything to do with the
>>problem?
>>

>Normally this shouldn't cause any problems.
>Could you switch the encoding of the site in your browser and change the
>character encodings until the site displays correctly?

Again, it's not a browser issue, the files are being changed by the
import process.

I'm assuming that there is no native OpenCMS code that makes these
changes, what are the external libraries used during the import
process?  Could there be a codepage problem there?

Thanks.
David Currie