[opencms-dev] Importing .swf (Flash) file into ImageGallery - Is there another way?

Paul D. Bain paulbain at pobox.com
Tue Mar 30 03:57:01 CEST 2004

At +0530Monday 3/29/04 12:24 PM, Tapas Kumar Choudhury N. wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>               Thanks for your answer. I went through the URLs given by you.
>But I did not get any solution to this [problem].
>
>  I will tell you my problem in more detail.
>
>*       I logged in as "Admin" => From "Explorer" => changed it to
>"Administration" => clicked on "Resource Type Management" and added "swf
>files" as another image type. OK.
>
>*       Then I logged in as a "USER" and tried editing a page as "EditPage"
>mode and tried to upload a .swf file from my local system to ImageGallery.
>
>*       After uploading the same, it [does] not [appear] in [the]
>ImageGallery list. But
>If I login as Admin and go to this directory structure, i.e.,
>system/galleries/pics/Xavex/, where Xavex is my current project, I am able
>to view this .swf file.
>
>*       [Because] this .swf file [does] not [appear] in [the]
>ImageGallery, I am not able to
>insert it [into] the page.
>
>                         Kindly give me a solution to solve it.
>
>                         Regards,
>                         Tapas

Tapas,

         I do not know the solution to your question. I know _nothing_
about Flash. I am posting your question to the OpenCMS-dev mailing list in
the hope that someone (e.g., Mark Miller, Matt Butcher) will post an answer.

         I suggest that you discuss all matters relating to OpenCMS on the
mailing list. There are several knowledgeable people there.

-- Paul Bain