[opencms-dev] Requested datablock "time" not found

greg opencms gregsopencms at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 15:24:02 CEST 2004

Still in intially testing of OpenCms,  I often come to the point of logging
in and being presented with

"HTTP 404 . . . the requested resource (/system/workplace/action/index.html)
is not available"

by Tomcat.  From this point, I am unable to use OpenCms (though some other
users still can!) until I re-start OpenCms with Tomcat's "Manager"
application.  This event results from several different scenarios with no
pattern yet apparent.

Looking in opencms.log, I find the following "opencms-critical" message
recorded right before my last failed attempt to login:

[30.03.2004 14:07:10] <opencms_critical> [CmsXmlWpTemplateFile] Requested
datablock  "time" not found in
/system/workplace/administration/project/newproject/administration_content_projectnew!
RequestUri is
/system/workplace/administration/project/newproject/index.html.

On this occassion, my last seemingly succesful action was creating a new
project and then logging out.  (On other occasions, my successful action has
been publishing a project, and then logging out.)

The next line in opencms.log is

[30.03.2004 14:08:26] <opencms_info> [CmsLogin] Login user GregsTestUserB

which is the point at which I am presented with the HTTP 404 message above.

Having found XML parser jar replacement as a suggested solution to other
pages not being available (and resulting in a HTTP 404 message), I have
tried that.  Since this problem started, I have tried to fix it by removing
the xercesImpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.jar that were included in the
common/endorsed directory of our Tomcat 4.1.24 installation and putting the
xerces-1_4_4.jar that came with our OpenCms 5.0 installation in their place.
  No apparent difference in behaviour.

Could anyone please suggest a way to prevent this error so I can use
OpenCms?

Thanks in advance,

Greg.