[opencms-dev] Latest Opencms prob with encoding

Vlachogiannis Evangelos evlach at aegean.gr
Fri Apr 9 17:51:01 CEST 2004

Hi Alex,

Of course... Well, as I am using opencms to create greek websites, I would
primary like to set the navtext and title properties using greek chars so
that they can be displayed in page. I tried both configuring tomcat/opencms
with ISO-8859-7 and UTF-8. None of them worked successfully. Following their
resutls:

ISO-8859-7
source code : ;φσδφ σ&#948
title file system : aooaa
Navigation: ??????

UTF-8
source code : fine greek chars
title : δφσδÏ&#134 (encoded
as ISO-8859-7  --> I.... Something like this)
Navigation: I?I/I?I?I/I?

I would love to see all (source code, tile, nav ... Show fine greek chars).
I could maybe contribute on that with some guidelines from the experts...

Another problem I faced on this "version" was when I tried to create a new
project from a published folder ... I got a 404 tomcat error in the file
frame. I then tried to make a new project using the "new project" from
admin. That worked but the project appeared in the drop-down of project.
Well I am not sure about the philosophy but I wqas expecting to see that in
the "sites" one. I would rename the "project" drop down to "mode". What do
you think?