[opencms-dev] Latest Opencms prob with encoding

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Sat Apr 10 09:44:01 CEST 2004

Vangelis,

if you want to help with the encoding this would be greatly appreciated.

Since you apparently are used to work in a different charset then
ISO-8859-1, I have a simple question for you (and for everyone else
experienced in this encoding issues):

When you create a regular HTML web form with a JSP (not in OpenCms, just
standard JSP), and you want your users to be able to enter greek chars, how
do you handle the encoding for such a form? How do you make sure that when
you on the server site do a <% String str =
request.getParameter("greekinput"); %> after posting the form have the chars
actually encoded in greek?

Actually, I already have a pretty clear picture on how I think this works,
but I want to check with someone who does this on a regular basis to see if
I am  right or missing something.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior