[opencms-dev] Latest Opencms prob with encoding

Vlachogiannis Evangelos evlach at aegean.gr
Sat Apr 10 14:18:00 CEST 2004

Hi Alex,

Follows a common simple form (attached as well):

<%@ page
language="java"
contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
pageEncoding="UTF-8"
%>
<%@ page session="false" %>
<%
	request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
	String s = request.getParameter("testparam");
	out.println("Γεία σου "+s);
%>

  <head>
  <title></title>
  </head>
    <h2>JSP Form with some greeks : τέστ</h2>
    <form method="post" action"."  accept-charset="UTF-8">
      <input type="text" name="testparam">
      <input type="submit" value="Submit">
      <input type="reset" value="Reset">
    </form>

I could also use ISO-8859-7 instead of UTF-8. Well this depends from other
webapps that is under tomcat. For example I used Jakarta Jetspeed and I had
to put in tomcat param ISO-8859-7. This mean that Opencms has to rum using
ISO-8859-7 as well. So, then there is maybe a problem. Another issue is that
when I used UTF-8 search engines (google) did not parse my pages correctly
as well. It would be perfect if we could use UTF-8 only but there are still
constraints. What do you think / propose? Finally I have tried to use the
accept-charset in a <form but this does not seem to work.

Best Regards,
Vangelis