[opencms-dev] lucene module 1.5 - render jsps

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Tue Apr 13 18:04:01 CEST 2004

Cyrill,

There is currently no handler for doing this. However, there may be some
options that would be quick to hack together.

Ed pointed out that indexing JSPs seems counter intuitive, since JSPs
are used for dynamic information. However, I have run accross cases
where it would have been beneficial to index them. Anyway... I digress.

One option is to have the JSP pages render statically (set the property
export=true and then publish). From there, you may be able to build a
simple handler that indexes /opencms/export instead of the /opencms/opencms.

The only other approach that I can think of is to run the whole JSP
compilation/execution process and intercept the JspWriter and index the
results. I tried this approach once before, but it took too long -- I
don't know the OpenCms internals well enough.

htdig and the other implementation of Lucene (if it's still around) both
index against the published content. htdig, for instance, makes HTTP
requests and then indexes the results. So, it will index the rendered
JSP. That may work for you.

If you do make any improvements to the Lucene module, feel free to
contribute it back to us.

Thanks,

Matt