[opencms-dev] Moving server, exporting project data

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Wed Apr 14 18:30:02 CEST 2004

I noticed the exact same thing yesterday evening when I was doing an
export through Database Management. I couldn't find a way to export
projects. Also, it appears that the state information on the files is
lost, as well.

I noticed that when I exported, it exported everything as it is in the
Offline project, but looking at the manifest.xml, I can't see any
metadata that flags some data as (for instance) locked and unpublished.
Did I misread the file, or am I going to lose all of the state
information when import?

I have been looking into using MySQL's mysqldump (actually, I was
looking at the hotcopy util, but I can't remember what it's called right
now) to dump the entire contents of the database. I can't think of any
data that I would actually _lose_ by doing that.

Anybody have experience with either of these two methods of backing up?

Matt