[opencms-dev] question on features

GERIN Béatrice DISU beatrice.gerin at francetelecom.com
Tue Apr 27 15:55:02 CEST 2004

I have read on opencms website (features)
****************
Application server integration / EJB support
Running OpenCms in a J2EE application server environment (e.g. BEA Weblogic) provides facilities for making use of distributed object architectures, particularly with regard to Enterprise JavaBeans technology. Using these techniques, processes behind the web site may be structured and distributed in a component oriented way. Presentation and business logic can be developed strictly separated, according to the four-tier architecture described in the J2EE Application Model. OpenCms takes care of the presentation of the data, using the integrated JSP template engine for creating the general website layout, while the generation of the content data is relocated to EJBs.

I don't exactly understand what means "generation of the content data is relocated to EJBs".

I have a presentation presentation server where I install Opencms and mydata server where I have my database. I use RMI protocol between these two servers.
I suppose I must wrap openCMS classes with EJB Components.
What means exactly "generation of content data". It's all database access? but we have a lot in workplace...

Béatrice