[opencms-dev] development process

John MccLain jmcclain at tcshealthcare.com
Thu Apr 29 19:17:01 CEST 2004

I have not read the docs on opencms yet -I am trying to find out if it is
worth my time. I will be building a church website. I want to build it and
have the church staff be able to easily modify the calendar, events, and a
few images on the home page, with the potential to add more dynamic content
in the future. My question is :
What is a typical development lifecycle for this type of project when
employing opencms, i.e., can I build my own site templates outside of
opencms and use them? what functionality comes with opencms out-of-the box?
how would a somewhat non-technical church staff update some of the images
and content on the site, i.e., would I have to build administrative
interfaces for them, or are they already available???
Thanks for your help.