[opencms-dev] the encoding of your Java VM is different from the OpenCms encoding!

Vincent Hanniet vhanniet at free.fr
Wed May 5 16:14:03 CEST 2004

Hello,
Try to add -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 in catalina.bat directly in the
command line like :
%_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS% -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 %CATALINA_OPTS%
%DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath
"%CLASSPATH%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%"
-Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%"
%MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%

I had the same problems an found that the parameter CATALINA_OPTS was
not taken into account...

Vincent