AW: [opencms-dev] the encoding of your Java VM is different from the OpenCms encoding!

Sebastian Jekutsch jekutsch at pcpool.mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed May 5 10:15:03 CEST 2004

Hi Peter,

do you start Tomcat as a Windows service? In this case, CATALINE_OPTS doesn't seem to work. You should do as told in the installation:

*	Open regedit.exe with the "run" option of your Windows start menu.
*	Locate your Tomcat service under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services (usually Apache Tomcat)
*	Check the Parameters list and create a new parameter: with the right mouse button press "New", select "String Value" and add:
    Name: JVM Option Number 3 (the number should be the next available in line)
    Value: -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 (enter your desired encoding)
*	Edit the key JVM Option Count and increase the value by 1.
*	Reboot Windows.

Sebastian