[opencms-dev] the encoding of your Java VM is different from the OpenCms encoding!

Peter Baxter baxterpeter at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 05:14:02 CEST 2004

Hi all,

OK..I have googled this and found many poepl have had the same issue, but none of thier solutions have helped me to date and I'm wondering if anyone can assist me here with thier knowlege and previous experience...

OS: Windows XP (Home Edition) ver 5.1
Tomcat: Version 4.1
OpenCMS: 5.0.1
JDK: 1.4

CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1
I also added the parameter -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 to the command line behind the call of the java executable.

But no luck....I am still getting the same error..

      Error: the encoding of your Java VM is different from the OpenCms encoding!

            Java VM file encoding: Cp1252
            OpenCms encoding: ISO-8859-1

... and no matter what I try I can't figure out what is causing this error, any suggestions? direction?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this!

Best,

Peter Baxter