[opencms-dev] Installing 5.3.4 on Oracle

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at etnoteam.it
Tue May 11 08:46:01 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I am attempting to install OpenCMS on Oracle iAS 10g (9.0.4) and Oracle
DB 9i (9.2.0.1.0).
Firstly I will say that I have managed to get it going with Oracle iAS
10g and MySQL, but my target installation needs an Oracle database, so I
can safely say that my problems are related only to the database side of
things.

My problems happend during import of the worklplace. At first I was
getting ORA-1000 errors (too many open cursors) which is absurd: the
default number of cursors is 300 which should be enough. Anyway, I
increased it to 1500 and I'm getting out of memory errors. I know I can
increase these values to make it work, but I am convinced that there is
a problem with the code, since MySQL has no problem importing the
workflow.

Any tips as to where the problem might be ?

Regards

Tristan