[opencms-dev] multi-language pages in 5.3.4

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu May 13 11:25:01 CEST 2004

Martin,

regarding the multi-language settings in 5.3.4:

> Thanks a lot, I will try it. Though I have a question - why
> is the class CmsAcceptLanguageHeaderParser parsing the header, the
> javax.servlet.ServletRequest.getLocales() seems
> to be already doing the same thing, see

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/ServletRequest.h
tml#getLocales()

I just wasn't aware of this default method. On the other hand that API
method returns the server locale as default which can be the cause of hidden
problems, so I guess we stick with our header parser for now.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts