[opencms-dev] multi-language pages in 5.3.4

Martin Kuba makub at ics.muni.cz
Thu May 13 12:30:01 CEST 2004

Alexander Kandzior wrote:
> http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/ServletRequest.h
> tml#getLocales()
>
> I just wasn't aware of this default method. On the other hand that API
> method returns the server locale as default which can be the cause of hidden
> problems, so I guess we stick with our header parser for now.

OK, I will stick with it also. I have the LocaleHandler nearly
finished, the last piece missing is how I can find which language
versions are available for a given page ?
The method
org.opencms.i18n.CmsLocaleManager.getAvailableLocales(CmsObject cms,
String resourceName)

despite its name doesn't provide this, it only searches for
property "locale" on the resource and its parents. Defining
that property for every page is not (I think) a viable way,
because that is redundant information to what's already
in the page itself.

I would need to get the list locales of page body elements
defined for the page. What is the right way to get them ?

Thanks

Martin
Supercomputing Center Brno             Martin Kuba
Institute of Computer Science    email: makub at ics.muni.cz
Masaryk University             http://www.ics.muni.cz/~makub/
Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ     mobil: +420-603-533775