[opencms-dev] AW: Using Frames in OpenCMS

Mark Miller mark.miller at hema.ch
Tue May 18 10:19:01 CEST 2004

Hiya ….

Yes it is possible … exactly as you stated … however, as you have found
yourself. If frame1 contains your navigation then I would change it to
something like frame1.html.jsp (ie. a jsp page). Then add the code
within this to display the navigation links and text and simply change
the link to target main.

So …. Frameset.html.jsp (as you said)

            <frameset …..

frame1.html.jsp
<%
 jsp navigation code …
 any link should be defined as <a
href=’”+cms.link(nav.getResourceName())+”’ target=’main’>
where cms is a cms object and nav is the enumerated navigation object
%>

and then simply add your pages including homepage.html as html pages
which can be edited within the WYSIWYG editor.

This is a bit off the top of my head …. So if it is not clear and you
need code examples, let me know.

Personally I would steer well clear of framesets, and use multiple
content areas instead as with a frameset you are not loading a new
navigation for each page, so you would need to use client side
javascript to actually mark the current page within the navigation tree.

All the best,

mark