[opencms-dev] OpenCMS on OSX

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Tue May 18 12:26:01 CEST 2004

Dirk

> On your website you schedule the 6.0 version for 2nd half/Q3
> 2004, will
> there be minor (stable) releases in the 5.x branch? Mozilla and Log4J
> integration are the most interesting things for me.
> Or do I have to
> wait until 6.0 for those features / use the developer versions?

We will start making binary version available for download once we reach the
6.0 Alpha (version numbers 5.5.x). This is to be expected within the next 8
weeks. The version we will make available for download will be usable, i.e.
they should not contain major errors. They will not be called "stable"
though, mostly because there will be changes to the API until the 6.0 is
released.

> I just wanted to let you know that I have an instance of OpenCMS
> running on MacOS X Panther (10.3.3). The installation worked like a
> charm. My environment: Apache 1.3.29, Tomcat 4.1.29, JDK 1.4.1_01 and
> MySQL 4.0.17. You can add OSX to the list of "working platforms"!

Great. Thanks for letting us know.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior