[opencms-dev] Still different encoding problem on DEBIAN and with mysql access (permission denied): help me!

Maurizio Betti m.betti at arsweb.it
Tue May 18 20:54:01 CEST 2004

Hy all,

anyone has installed successfully opencms 5.01 on Debian system (JVM: 1.4.2
- Tomcat 4.1)?

I have the following errors:
1. The usual error of different encoding (on debian results
ANSI_X3.4-1968): I've just tried to set CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile..., in the
same way also the JAVA_OPTS, I tried to restart tomcat, to reboot the
machine....I've tried all solutions found on forum and on java forum...but
with no success :-(( Anybody has a direct experience with opencms on
debian? Thanks. HELP ME please!

2. If I try to modify the opencms encoding via opencms.properties to skip
this error and I find this next on mysql connection:
Could no connect to database via:
jdbc:<mysql://birch:3306/>mysql://www.victoriasrl.it<mysql://birch:3306/>:3306/
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access denied
for user: 'root at victoria' (Using password: YES)

I found the same probem on formun
(http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2002q3/002478.html). Has
anyone resolved definitively this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Maurizio Betti