[opencms-dev] Still different encoding problem on DEBIAN and with mysql access (permission denied): help me!

Uwe König uwederkoenig at web.de
Wed May 19 18:54:02 CEST 2004

Hello,

> I have a basic tomcat installation on /usr/local/web/tomcat, and
> many web application under the /home folder (i.e. under
> /home/victoriasrl.it/www/web under this one there are the WEB-INF,
> ocsetup,...). Now: the opencms setup works fine under
> www.victoriasrl.it/ocsetup/index.jsp, but, when I try to visit the
> welcome page (http://www.victoriasrl.it/opencms/index.jsp) the
> image does'nt appear.
>
> The question is: under these conditions what is the best way to
> install opencms?

Well, I'm afraid I didn't get your point here, so please explain
further.

> On local PC (I work usually in W2K) I solved these questione
> installing opencms under webapps or under ROOT as suggested on
> Alkacon OpenCms 5.0.x Howto: Setting up httpd, Tomcat and
> mod_proxy.

Sorry, guy - I never dealt with the intermingling of Apache and
Tomcat. A colleague of mine did this on a Debian-Box and I remember
he mentioned the HOWTO did _not_ do the trick and some additional
effort was needed.

Anyone else?

Best regards,

Uwe König