[opencms-dev] Still different encoding problem on DEBIAN and with mysql access (permission denied): help me!

Maurizio Betti m.betti at arsweb.it
Wed May 19 11:04:01 CEST 2004

At 22.22 18/05/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Yes.

Oh...what luck!

> > I have the following errors:
> > 1. The usual error of different encoding (on debian results
> > ANSI_X3.4-1968): I've just tried to set CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile...,

OK! Now I solved setting CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 in
/bin/catalina.sh. Now It'a all right!!!

> > 2. If I try to modify the opencms encoding via opencms.properties
> > to skip this error and I find this next on mysql connection:

I solved also this one (not in bettery way, but I solve it).

Now I've a final problem:

I have a basic tomcat installation on /usr/local/web/tomcat, and many web
application under the /home folder (i.e. under /home/victoriasrl.it/www/web
under this one there are the WEB-INF, ocsetup,...). Now: the opencms setup
works fine under www.victoriasrl.it/ocsetup/index.jsp, but, when I try to
visit the welcome page (http://www.victoriasrl.it/opencms/index.jsp) the
image does'nt appear.

The question is: under these conditions what is the best way to install
opencms?

On local PC (I work usually in W2K) I solved these questione installing
opencms under webapps or under ROOT as suggested on Alkacon OpenCms 5.0.x
Howto: Setting up httpd, Tomcat and mod_proxy.

Your help was very appreciated. Many many thanks.

Maurizio Betti