[opencms-dev] To the developers team

Cory Hubert cory.hubert at ampagency.com
Fri May 21 15:21:00 CEST 2004

	We can easily use the OR mapping api to execute the queries the module
needs.   OJB's QueryBySQL can do the
job(http://db.apache.org/ojb/api/org/apache/ojb/broker/query/QueryBySQL.html
).  And I am pretty sure the other OR mapping technologies have equivalent
methods.

	This way both modules and the rest of opencms using the OR mapping api
along with it's connection pool etc...

	BTW.... A few technologies have been metioned for the OR mapping layer
	Apache's Torque
	Apache's OJB (I believe it's based on the Torque engine and has ODMG, JDO,
interfaces)
	and Hibernate.

	We should probably keep the technology seperate from the architecture
modification discussions.  We may wind up making the OR mapping layer
pluggable it self by leveraging an OR mapping standard like JDO.