[opencms-dev] To the developers team

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Sat May 22 09:33:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

> 	We can easily use the OR mapping api to execute the queries the module
> needs.   OJB's QueryBySQL can do the
> job(http://db.apache.org/ojb/api/org/apache/ojb/broker/query/QueryBySQL.html> ).  And I am pretty sure the other OR mapping technologies have
> equivalent methods.

yes , this can work. Hibernate has nearly same possibilities. I forgot
this issue.

> 	This way both modules and the rest of opencms using the OR mapping api
> along with it's connection pool etc...

Now is the only problem i see there the point How to create new classes on
the fly when new modules were installed. For this, we must implement an
"On-The-Fly" Way to create the mapping classes and save them to the right
places. After this we must compile them (this can be done via ANT or
BeanShell i think)

Bye Acihm