[opencms-dev] Technical information for a newbie

Peter Höltschi phoeltschi at yahoo.com
Sat May 22 10:12:01 CEST 2004

Dear Opencms-Dev-Team
I get to you because I couldn't find any answer to my questions (I went
trough mailing-archive, documentations and the internet):
First I would like to know if there is any documentation which shows me
where Website files (*.html, *.jsp, *.xml, *.gif, ...) are saved on my
harddisk.. What is vfs? Where is the vfs on my disk? Is everything saved
in mysql? I thought that mysql consists only of tables which contains
data like an Excel-Sheet. So how is it possible to save a file (e.g.
index.html) in an mysql database? In case of an backup, which files
(including this vfs) do I need to backup?

I would be appreciative if you could reply to all my questions to have a
better technical understanding of opencms.

Thanks in advance

Peter