[opencms-dev] testing

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Wed May 26 20:03:01 CEST 2004

Alex Chudnovsky wrote:

> Where can I find advanced documentation which defines how to build your own
> modules, as in lucene type modules or the news modules etc.

There is a documentation module that covers modules on the opencms website.

Also, here are a few other sites:
http://www.opencms-forum.de
http://opencms.al-arenal.de

The OpenCms forum has links to other resources, as well.

Many of the modules are well documented, especially in the source code.
You may find it useful to read through the source.

> I would like to write a module that enables Webwork to work with Opencms in
> particular where I could configure Webwork through the module and store the
> view templates in Opencms, has anyone implemented this type of functionality
> for any other frameworks etc ?

I know there was work on struts, but I don't know how similar it is.
I've used OpenCms to store XSLT templates and automatically run XSL
transformations on XML documents, so I know it's possible to create
alternate template mechanisms.

> And also I have seen some posts, that say xhtml can not be used with opencms
> is this true ?

The WYSIWYG editor does not produce XHTML, though you may be able to
configure JTidy to convert HTML 4 to XHTML.

However, there is nothing in particular that prevents OpenCms from
serving XHTML or any other XML format.

Hope that helps.

Matt