[opencms-dev] Recommanded Version

Arash Kaffamanesh kaffamanesh at dmu-world.de
Thu May 27 20:47:01 CEST 2004

Hello Alex,

the latest version is 5.3.4 (opencms 6 alpha or for me beta), the final
release will come out in 8-10 weeks.
The stable  version for production is 5.0.1, but my 5.3.4 version is
stable enough for me and the site demo visitors which evaluate the
version,
you can find a demo version of ocms 6 alpha here:

http://www.pomegranate.de:90/portal/opencms

and the latest opencms.war file can be downloaded here (build by Claus
Priisholm):

http://www.codedroids.com/community/opencms

I'm not sure if you may be able to build it yourself from cvs with the
latest head version for a production environment,
(it depens on the loadhigh and the number of the users surely),
 that's at least my opinion, hope it helps.

simply put:
if the number of the writers for a production site is less than 30, take
the latest version, it is more fast, nice and great:-)

best regards
Arash