[opencms-dev] Questions about OpenCms

Salvador Santander Gutierrez ssantander at grupoiud.com
Fri May 28 14:05:02 CEST 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pronet Designs
  To: opencms-dev at opencms.org
  Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 4:38 PM
  Subject: [opencms-dev] Questions about OpenCms

  Hello,

  I discovered OpenCms a few days ago
  and I would be very appreciative in getting
  answers to the following questions:

  * What are the ideal software and hardware
  requirements for installing OpenCms?
      Application servers:
      - I've installed OpenCMS with Tomcat 4.1.x, lastest OC4J, lastest Oracle Aplication Server and all goes well.
      - DataBases:MySQL and Oracle (with Oracle some standard news module has any problems, but you can solve them easily, remember that OpenCMS is open source)

  * Do I need to use a server which allows
  root access such as a Dedicated or Virtual
  Private server or can any standard UNIX
  virtual server be used?

  * Most of my experience has been in using
  virtual servers via the web for my own
  personal sites. Do I need to have experience
  in UNIX and general programming in order
  to install OpenCms?
      You must know something about JSP, HTML.

  * If I'm unable to install OpenCms, how
  much would it typically cost for professional
  installation?
      Consult any solution provider in the opencms web site.

  Thanks in advance for your answers.

  Regards,
  David Banton