[opencms-dev] Storing additional attributes for a file in OpenCMS

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Mon May 31 19:52:00 CEST 2004

Ram,

Metadata is stored as properties for a file. By default, Title,
Description, and Keywords are configured. Adding additional properties
can be done in <5 minutes through the properties manager in the
Administration view.

The OpenCms API provides access to these properties (see the Javadoc for
com.opencms.file.CmsObject and (I think) com.opencms.file.CmsFile).

As for access control and authentication, you may want to search the
archives and the forum, lest you end up "re-inveinting the wheel."

Matt