[opencms-dev] Integrating OpenCms with WebWork2 or Spring

Stephen Cheng scheng at innaworks.com
Wed Jun 9 07:54:01 CEST 2004

Hello Joachim,

Thank you for pointing me to the ClickStream module.

> We built our own action-concept for usage in Opencms. It´s nearly like the
> Turbine thing just without the reflection parts for actionmapping.
I am not looking for reflection support, in fact I try to avoid reflection
generally like a plaugue.

> The actions will get defined with a special controller servlet and just a
> "input type hidden"

Thats exactly what I want to do and the reason why I was thinking of
integrating with Webwork or Spring. Of course Spring offers quite a lot more
including pluggable transaction layer, but I am happy with just MVC
separation.

I wonder whether you could point me to some example code you have written
using the special controller servlet concept. In fact I wonder whether it
would make sense for OpenCMS to incorporate the common scaffolding necessary
for MVC separation.

If I could have MVC and ClickStream easily without getting out of OpenCMS I
would be a very happy man ;-)

Thanks you,
Stephen