[opencms-dev] Integrating OpenCms with WebWork2 or Spring

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Wed Jun 9 08:25:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

> If I could have MVC and ClickStream easily without getting out of
> OpenCMS I would be a very happy man ;-)

you can download the Clickstream Module. ... it´s just a wrapper and
little backoffice view ... the other work is excellently done by
opensymphony and works without special patches.
The action conecpt for extending modules is some more work, and we didn´t
made it as a module ... i also think this is impossible... we built a
little framework which is included in a jar. This jar is in our
"Main-Module"which is called MINOS ... all other modules comes with an own controller
(so that they can run standalone from MINOS). The module-dependend views
are implemented against this controller. MINOS automatically integrates
them.
As last point we built a module which makes installation things for other
modules :-) When a new module was uploaded, this module enhance the
databases, groups, members, cronjob-table and at least the web.xml itself
with a new servle-mapping for the module-controller...
I hope you understand (my english is pretty bad :-)) the concept a bit.

Bye Achim

--
Questions about OpenCMS?
--> www.opencms-forum.de