[opencms-dev] Integrating OpenCms with WebWork2 or Spring

Stephen Cheng scheng at innaworks.com
Wed Jun 9 08:59:01 CEST 2004

> The action conecpt for extending modules is some more work, and we didnĀ“t
> made it as a module ... i also think this is impossible...
I agree - it cannot be a module, however it can be a set of
classes/interfaces to be extended.

> we built a little framework which is included in a jar. This jar is in our
> "Main-Module"which is called MINOS ... all other modules comes
> with an own controller
> (so that they can run standalone from MINOS). The module-dependend views
> are implemented against this controller. MINOS automatically integrates
> them.
Is the source publicly available? Where can it find it?
Am I right to read between the lines that the controller is effectively a
singleton?

> As last point we built a module which makes installation things for other
> modules :-) When a new module was uploaded, this module enhance the
> databases, groups, members, cronjob-table and at least the web.xml itself
> with a new servle-mapping for the module-controller...
> I hope you understand (my english is pretty bad :-)) the concept a bit.
This sounds extremely useful, but how does it know what databases, groups,
etc etc to modify?
Am I right to presume that it takes a config file from the uploaded module?
Is this module publicly available, I am pretty lots of people would find it
useful too?

Thanks,
s-