[opencms-dev] Opencms Portal

Vlachogiannis Evangelos evlach at aegean.gr
Thu Jun 10 17:58:02 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Our team is very interested in creating an opencms portal module. I have
seen that this was subject of a preview email list thread, but I did not
show any implementation. The main challenge for having a portal into opencms
might be the "file system structure" of the information. Imagine, a portal
administrator being able to create the portal structure by just creating a
"file shortcut directory structure". There are also other ideas / plans, but
firstly we would like to create a simple Jakarta-pluto portal container. We
have a lot of experience on Jakarta-Jetspeed 1 and some on Opencms but not
enough. So, we would love if we could have your /opencms expert support.
(result will be contributed as an OS of course).

For this purpose we have installed 5.3.4 Ix Opencms under tomcat 5.

Our fist question is how we could create a module containing a simple
"hello" servlet?

Thank you in advance
Evangelos Vlachogiannis
Researcher - PhD. Candidate