[opencms-dev] WYSIWYG Image Problems

Thomas Corte Thomas.Corte at knipp.de
Thu Jun 17 14:23:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

Ahmed Mohombe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the ActiveX WYSIWYG can't handle the images from the image gallery.
> When I "drag" an image from the gallery in the WYSIWIG, the image will
> not be rendered, only an "empty" image(an "X"). However, if I save, and
> publish, the web page will contain the inserted image.
> I searched the archives, an there were similar problems reported, but I
> found no concrete solution till yet.
> Is there a solution for this problem?
>
> For us, the WYSIWYG is almost the most important part of the CMS, since
> most of the user work happens there.

I encountered the same problem, and in my case it was caused by
accessing the OpenCMS server via https instead of plain http.
This obviously prevents the ActiveX editor from loading any page
resources. This includes the CSS stylesheet, too. Using plain http
solved the problem.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

--