[opencms-dev] Create folder structure in OpenCms Image Gallery

Martha Liakopoulou mlia at eurocom.gr
Fri Jun 25 09:57:01 CEST 2004

Hi all,

The site we are developing uses a large amount of images, so it would be better if we could create a folder structure in Image Gallery.

The Admin user (who has access in "system" folder) can create folders in /system/galleries/pics/folder1/folder2/... from the Explorer View, but another user cannot access those folders, because
(i) he has no access in the system folder
(ii) the Image Gallery Administration (where he has access) has no option of create a folder or move through the folders that the Admin user has created.

The strange thing is that when the user edits a page in the HTML editor, he can use the images (drag 'n' drop them inside the text) from the Image Gallery folders that the Admin user has created.

Is there a way, that the user (not the Admin) can create his own folders in Image Gallery?

Thanks in advance

Martha