[opencms-dev] About jsp inclusion loop

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Fri Jun 25 18:56:01 CEST 2004

Andres,

I've never figured out a good way to do exactly what your asking...
however, there is one uh... unique.. thing you could try.

The Lucene index files are stored outside of OpenCms, so technically you
could try and use the Lucene API code directly and get information from
the indexes with a non-opencms JSP. In other words, you would write a
stand-alone search JSP.

In this model, the index would be built inside of OpenCms, but accessed
from outside of OpenCms. You would probably need to do some munging on
path names, etc.

Actually, I've been meaning to try this for some time... I just don't
have the time. It's probably not an ideal solution, but I think it
should be a possibility. If you should happen to try this and get it to
work, let me know so that I can include info in the module's documentation.

Otherwise, perhaps someone else will have an idea.

Matt