AW: [opencms-dev] Problem: Tree view of online project in workplace crashed

christian meyer christian.meyer at virtual-identity.com
Tue Jun 29 08:41:01 CEST 2004

Hi!

Thanks a lot!

A database problem was my suspicion too. I wrote a little program to check the integrity of the tree and found problems with the tree structure you described, too.

We've had some trouble with the renaming of a really big folder. After a crash of the browser, we didn't know if there is still a running process handling our previous request.

After a plenty of time of waiting, we start another task to this folder. After that we've had a perfect chaos with half handled entries (e.g. body-entries not changed in control-file, but bodies renamed, etc.) and a fragmented tree with lots of broken branches (as you described it)

This was in the offline-tables. I don't know how and why but some of the found errors are in the online table, too.

However I think the main problem seems to be that there is no transaction management with mysql. I don't know if this is a general behaviour (I've to check the code first)

I will patch the db-structure and look what's happen... ;)

Kind Regards

Christian