[opencms-dev] using <%@include ... %> fails to update in 5.0.1

Geoff Winkless opencms at geoff.dj
Wed Jun 30 13:14:02 CEST 2004

Geoff Winkless wrote:
> If I _publish_ the original JSP the _Online_ static version of the
> page is written correctly, but the appropriate section of updateJsp()
> isn't being called, as far as I can tell, when you merely update the
> page, so Offline modifications fail. Worse, even when you publish,
> the Offline version is still out of date, so you end up with a newer
> version Online than Offline (!!).
>
> I'm obviously missing something because there can be no way this is by
> design.

More info.

If I request the parent jsp (the one which contains the <%@include%>)
directly it does update. However this parent is actually itself included
from within my main JSP template. If instead I copy the contents of this
subtemplate into the template the file is updated correctly.

So to recap: if I <%@include%> the file directly from the template file it
works. If I access the subtemplate file directly it works.

So basically it seems if there's 2 (probably >1) levels of inclusion it
fails.

Geoff