[opencms-dev] Can I see version history of a file?

Ryan Cornia rcornia at utah.gov
Thu Jul 1 23:59:01 CEST 2004

I'm trying to evaluate OpenCMS, and have a question on the versioning of
files. From the website and documentation, it says all files are
versioned.

If I go into the workspace, I can look at the "history" of a file,
which gives me the date/time/who made a change, and also allows me the
opportunity to roll back to those changes. Is there somewhere to make
comments on what changed in the version, or a way to see what has
changed?

Not sure if it's there and I'm missing it, or if it doesn't exist.

Also, is there a way to restore a file if a user deletes it? Or is it
removed from the db as soon as a user deletes it?

Thanks,
Ryan