[opencms-dev] External editing

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Fri Jul 2 19:24:01 CEST 2004

Oh, I see... the client part would function more like the TortoiseSVN
client (Windows client for Subversion) -- it's main job would be to
synchronize between a remote and a local CMS repository.

That would introduce a fairly complex set of requirements... primarily,
the CMS would have to handle things more like a version control system.
I wouldn't see that as impossible, but definitely difficult.
Essentially, it would pose the same problem that the current
synchronize-to-disk function is having. Hmm... that's a lot to think
about. ;-)

Matt