[opencms-dev] Re: External editing

Ahmed Mohombe amohombe at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 11:57:01 CEST 2004

M Butcher wrote:
> Oh, I see... the client part would function more like the TortoiseSVN
> client (Windows client for Subversion) -- it's main job would be to
> synchronize between a remote and a local CMS repository.
I thought that WebDAV does such a thing. The "client to be implemented"
would be just a bridge between the WebDAV client and the desktop
applications (those who does not speak WebDAV), and to start them.
(looking in the source of that Zope module: does not seem to do more :) )
Am I right, or did I understood something wrong? :)

> That would introduce a fairly complex set of requirements... primarily,
> the CMS would have to handle things more like a version control system.
> I wouldn't see that as impossible, but definitely difficult.
> Essentially, it would pose the same problem that the current
> synchronize-to-disk function is having. Hmm... that's a lot to think
> about. ;-)

Ahmed.