[opencms-dev] Install opencms as root context

Jochen Schwörer j.schwoerer at web.de
Wed Jul 7 13:15:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

I would like to install opencms as a root context (access via
"www.mydomain.com/") in a virtual host.

In Tomcat the root context resides in a directory called "ROOT". So I
renamed "opencms.war" to "ROOT.war" and deployed the application. So far
everything went fine.
After completing the setup, I accessed the application with the url
"http://mydomain.com/opencms/system/login/". After entering login
information I got a 404 error because opencms tried to access
"http://mydomain.com/ROOT/opencms....".

Is there a way to change the actual used context from "/opencms" to "/"?
Or is there something I missed during the setup process?

regards
Jochen Schwoerer