[opencms-dev] External editing

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Jul 7 20:43:01 CEST 2004

I have also thought about a potential WebDAV integration.

Well my current concept for the WebDAV integration would look like this:

1. WebDAV access to the OpenCms VFS is possible only for the "offline"
version (of course).
2. A special offline project e.g. called "WebDAV" should be created. All
file changes with webdav are made in this project.
3. Locking/Unlocking of a file could be tricky. We could always still use
the Workplace to lock a file in the Webdav project before working with it.
Another otion is some sort of "auto lock" mechanism that locks the file if a
change is made (ie. file is saved with webdav) and the file is currently
unlocked.
4. Permissions would be fairly simple, the file must not even appear in
WebDav if the user has no read permissions, and if he has no write
permissions but tries to write an error occurs.

What do you think?

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior